If you are a regular visitor, you will already know headphone prices are ranging from a minimum $20 to extreme level. Today, we will discuss about what lies between these two extremes, the Best headphones under $100. Discovering the best studio headphones under $100 is becoming easier with their rates fall gradually as the years go by. If you consider these days, then you can find multiple of studio headphones for pretty cheap that also sound appealing good according to their price.
This collection of reviews of our top selections for the best under $100 headphones for studio use of 2020 purposes to assist you while choosing the perfect ones to match your music making needs without breaching the bank. Do let’s get started now.
5 Best Studio Headphones Under 100
|1. Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone||Wired||Check on Amazon|
|2. Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone||Wired||Check on Amazon|
|3. AKG Pro Audio K240 STUDIO Over-Ear, Semi-Open, Professional Studio Headphones||Wired||Check on Amazon|
|4. Samson Technologies SR850 Semi Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones||Wired||Check on Amazon|
|5. Status Audio CB-1 Closed Back Studio Monitor Headphones||Wired||Check on Amazon|
1: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone
Sony MDR7506 Professional Stereo Headphones are perfect for sound checking in recording studios, radio, film production, video, electronic news gathering and virtually any application where high quality sound is mandatory. The closed-ear design MDR-7506 is shockingly popular in pro and home recording studios. It features a rough design, convenient folding construction, 40mm driver units, gold connectors and a professional-quality OFC (oxygen free copper) cord.
Sony 7500 Series headphones offer a practical range of choices for everyone from the casual user to the studio pro. These include the MDR-7506 which is lauded by many professional studios and broadcasters. Features Rugged Design: Proven to be reliable in the toughest situations Folding Construction: Compactness in storage 40mm Driver Unit: For clear, high quality sound reproduction Closed-Ear Design: Comfort and reduction of external noise interference Stereo Unimatch Plug: 1/4 inch and 1/8 inch applications Gold Connectors and OFC Cord: Reliable and stable signal connection and transmission Supplied Soft Case: Protective storage American Musical is an authorized dealer of Sony products.
- 40mm Driver Unit
- Closed-Ear Design
- Folding Construction
- Stereo Unimatch Plug
- Gold Connectors and OFC Cord
- Carrying Bag.
- Unimatch Plug.
Why should you Buy this?
This tremendously high quality, unremarkable, lightweight reference headphone has been made to be comfortable to wear for long periods, making it ideal for use in broadcast and studio environments. A 40mm PET diaphragm and neodymium magnet provide performance exceeding the requirements of digital audio sources.
- Material: Neodymium magnets and 40 millimeter drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Design: ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
- Wire type: 9.8 foot cord ends in gold plated plug and it is not detachable; 1/4 inch adapter included
- Folding design: Folds up for storage or travel in provided soft case. These large diaphragm, foldable headphones feature a rugged construction, a secure, highly effective closed ear design.
- Frequeny Response: 10 Hertz to 20 kilohertz
- Connectivity technology: Wired
2: Sennheiser HD280PRO Headphone
The HD 280 PRO is a pair of closed, dynamic stereo headphones that deliver accurate, linear sound reproduction with ambient noise attenuation for critical monitoring applications. Optimum impedance ensures universal compatibility, from home listening to studio monitoring. The space saving design features collapsible, rotating ear cups that are very comfortable to wear, even if used for long periods of time. The ear pads of the HD 280 PRO are made of a synthetic leatherette.
- High ambient noise attenuation
- Accurate, linear sound reproduction
- Soft earpads for a comfortable fit
- Folding and rotating earcups for space-saving transport
- Tough, single-sided cable
Why should you Buy this?
The HD 280 Pro is Sennheiser’s most important closed, around-the-ear headphone to be introduced in years. Designed to surpass the demands of the professional environment, the HD 280 Pro boasts extremely robust construction combined with the sound quality, modular design and aggressive noise isolation the necessary in the field. The unique collapsible design, combined with swiveling ear cups, offers maximum flexibility in any application.
- Design: Dynamic, closed ear headphones.
- Weight w/o cable: 285 gram Ear coupling is circumaural
- Lightweight and comfortable, ergonomic design, Cord Length 3.3 9.8 feet Coiled
- Frequency response: Extended frequency response and warm, natural sound reproduction. Nominal impedance 64 ohm. Sound pressure level (SPL) 113 dB
- Around the ear design with padded ear cups Dynamic, closed ear headphones with up to 32 dB attenuation of outside sound. Frequency response (Headphones) 8 25000 Hz
- Long life usage: Ear pads, headband padding, and audio cord are easily replaceable, ensuring long life.
3: AKG Pro Audio K240 STUDIO Over-Ear, Semi-Open, Professional Studio Headphones
AKG K240 Studio Headphones feature a classic design that has become a standard in monitoring. This newer, lower impedance, 55-ohm version provides remarkably higher volume level when used with portable studios, keyboards, drum machines and other project studio gear. It’s a professional level of performance for the home studio.
Features include an integrated semi-open air design with a highly accurate dynamic transducer for naturally open sound quality, and circumaural (around-the-ear) pads for hours of wearing comfort. Frequency range: 15 Hz to 25,000 Hz. Stereo (1/8-inch minijack and 1/4-inch) connections. AKG K240 Studio Features: Low, 55 Ohm impedance, plug-in cable, Self-adjusting headband for optimum fit, Single cable for ease of use, Semi-open, circumaural design. AKG’S MOST POPULAR PROFESSIONAL HEADPHONE.
A classic design which has become a standard in monitoring. Now with Varimotion XXL capsule for studio sound at home and for portable use. The ‘integrated semi-open air’ design incorporates a highly accurate dynamic transducer, and an acoustically tuned venting structure behind the element produces a naturally open sound quality. The circumaural (around-the-ear) pads are designed for hours of wearing comfort, while the steel-cable, self-adjusting headband construction and single-sided professional quality audio interconnect ensure extended reliability in demanding professional studio applications. Proven, popular, excellent – New, improved and even better. Made in China. The item includes the OFC screw type cable.
- Headphone type – semi-open
- Max. Input Power – 200 mW
- Sensitivity headphones – 91 dB SPL/V
- Rated Impedance – 55 Ohms
- Detachable cable – yes
- Cable Length – 3 m
- Earpads replaceable – yes
Why should you Buy this?
The AKG K 240 Studio is an update of the “classic” AKG K 240 Monitor. The new K 240 Studio delivers even wider dynamic range and higher sensitivity than its well-known and widely-used predecessor. The secret to the semi-open K 240 Studio’s sound quality is the new XXL transducers in acoustically tuned vented enclosures with circumaural (around the ear) pads. The circumaural pads envelope your ears nicely and reward you with smooth, solid bass and well-balanced, articulate mids and highs.
- Professional studio headphones
- 3 m replaceable cable
- Audio Interface type: Stereo plug – 3.5mm (1/8-inch) with 6.3 mm (1/4”) screw-on adapter
4: Samson Technologies SR850 Semi Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones
Samson’s SR850 Semi-Open-Back Studio Headphones offer an outstanding listening solution for musicians, sound engineers and general music enthusiasts alike. With solid bass response, ultra-clear highs and an over-ear design, the SR850s ensure complete comfort and accurate headphone monitoring.
- Type: Circumaural, Semi-Open
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Drive Unit: 50mm with neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 10Hz–30kHz
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Sensitivity: 98dB
- Connector: Gold-plated 1/8″ (3.5mm) with 1/4″ (6.3mm) adapter
- Cable: 8.25’ (2.5 m) long
Why should you Buy this?
The semi-open design featured on the SR850 delivers a wide sound stage with bass response and extended highs, resulting in a truly dynamic listening experience. SR850 combine an ultra-lightweight, over-ear design with plush velour ear pads and a self-adjusting headband. These elements of comfort ensure hours of fatigue-free listening and that your attention will always be on the music.
- Professional studio Reference semi-open headphones designed for tracking, mixing, mastering and playback.
- Proprietary large 50mm drivers with rare earth magnets deliver an extended frequency response and great dynamic range
- Circumaural, over-ear, design with velour cushioning provides outstanding comfort for long listening sessions
- Self-adjusting headband for optimal fit
- 1/4″ Stereo Adapter included
5: Status Audio CB-1 Closed Back Studio Monitor Headphones
The Status Audio CB-1 Closed-Back Studio Monitor Headphones are quickly becoming an industry standard, go-to critical listening headphone. Praised by tech editors and members of the pro audio community alike, the CB-1 sit atop numerous “best of” lists, with consistent high marks from some of the most discerning ears in the industry.
- 50mm drivers provide incredible detail and massive sound-stage
- overstuffed memory foam earpads ensure long-term comfort
- 2x detachable cables are included, 1x coiled and 1x straight
- around-ear, circumaural design
- authentic gold metal accents
- folding earcups collapse the headphones into a small form-factor
- rugged, minimalist design that can withstand the rigors of professional use
- adjustable headband accomodates virtually all head sizes.
Why should you Buy this?
It gives the following features: mixing audio – for music, film, voice-over, and more, live tracking/recording of vocals and instrumentalists, music production with DAWs such as Pro Tools, Logic, and Ableton. Audiophile playback, paired with external DACs and Amps.
- STUDIO STANDARD: Praised by top musicians, producers, and audio engineers, the CB-1 headphones are an industry standard in recording studios around the world. The CB-1s have received critical acclaim from the most discerning audiophiles on the web as well as top technology editors.
- 50MM Drivers: Large 50mm drivers deliver studio quality audio with a wide, expansive soundstage that puts you in the room with your favorite musicians. Hear music the way the artists, producers, mix and mastering engineers intended.
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: The CB-1’s padded headband and overstuffed earpads were designed to be comfortable during multi-hour recording sessions. Its over-the-ear design fully encloses ear, offering passive noise cancelling without putting extra pressure on your head. The CB-1’s adjustable headband ensures a snug fit on your head, and clicking ridges allow for full customizability. .
- TWO CABLES INCLUDED + ¼ ADAPTOR: The CB-1 comes with two 9-foot audio cables – one coiled, one straight. Both have a custom locking mechanism that keeps them attached to the headphones, eliminating the risk of dislodging the cable. The CB-1 is compatible with any 3.5mm audio cable, but it will lack this locking feature. We also provide a ¼ adaptor plug for use with professional audio equipment.
- UNDERSTATED STYLE: The CB-1’s minimalist, unbranded aesthetic will never lose its luster or fall out of fashion. A slim frame doesn’t awkwardly protrude sideways, and the CB-1 can be folded to become compact for travel.
Having a best product of studio headphones is essential when you are a producer, musician, audio engineer, or artist. You might need to aspect around a bit and try some out under your specific needs before buying to make sure they are a good fit. Do not be quick with this process, as the headphones you use affect every aspect of your music: the recording, the mix, everything. So Good luck on your exploration for the studio headphones under $100. Regards!